Call for Submissions
The Miscellanies Project is now inviting contributors. Participants in this project must have at minimum a master’s degree in history, theology, philosophy, religious studies, literature, or related fields, or be able to demonstrate their qualifications to contribute to the project.
[Read more about The Miscellanies Project and Reader]
Stage One: Topic Selection – Deadline August 1, 2017
The first stage in The Miscellanies Project will be identifying topics of interest.
- Participants should peruse the Miscellanies Index and select one or more (preferably three or more) of Edwards’ entries.
- Take note of important keywords in the title and body text of the entries (but not in the footnotes).
- We want to achieve broad coverage of the notebooks, therefore we ask that you vary your selections.
- Complete the submission form at the bottom of this page.
- You will be notified if your selection is not available.
Multiple form submissions are not necessary—please include multiple Miscellanies numbers and multiple keywords in their respective fields. We will sort out the connections. Also, do not worry about selecting all keywords in the Miscellanies. Our process will augment your selections and we will arrive at a comprehensive network map of your topics. The main point now is to identify and reserve your areas of interest.
Stage Two: Article Submission – Deadline June 1, 2018
After the first stage is complete,
- We will analyze all of the information and create custom visualizations for each contributor.
- These visualizations will serve as detailed maps of the weave of Edwards’ thought, as well as invaluable aids to writing on your selected topic(s).
- Articles for The Miscellanies Reader should range between 1,000 and 3,000 words.
Stage Three: Publication – estimated December, 2018
Online exhibition and publication of The Miscellanies Reader.
Instructions for Stage One Submission
Stage One submission is for reserving your areas of interest (Miscellanies) and personal information.
1. Select Miscellanies and Identify Keywords
Watch the example screencast of the Miscellanies Index.
2. Complete Stage One Submission Form
Alternatively, you may email the required information to info@jesociety with “Contributor” as the subject line.