Call for Submissions
Students and scholars are now invited to contribute essays for publication in The Jonathan Edwards Miscellanies Companion, Volume 3, Foreword by Rhys Bezzant, Director of the Jonathan Edwards Center Australia, Senior Lecturer, Ridley College, Melbourne. Click here for the previous Miscellanies Companions.
Participants in this project must have at minimum a master’s degree in history, theology, philosophy, religious studies, literature, or related fields, or be able to demonstrate their qualifications to contribute to the project.
Essays should be 5000–7000 words and follow Chicago Manual of Style and the citation formats for WJE at http://edwards.yale.edu/research/citation-guidelines. All citations and quotations of Edwards must be from the letterpress or online Yale edition. Essays should not be previously submitted or published elsewhere.
Topic/Abstract Selection Process
- Consult the topics published previously (see below)
- Peruse the Table to the Miscellanies for subjects of interest
- Select a topic from the Table
- By June 1, 2022, email a 250–300 word abstract with qualifications and a brief bio (.doc or .pdf format) to email@example.com with subject line “Abstract Submission”
- Abstracts will be reviewed by editorial board (see rubric below)
- Notifications of abstract selection will be emailed June 15, 2022
Abstract deadline – June 1, 2022
Notification of selection – June 15, 2022
Essay submissions due – December 31, 2022
Peer review and revisions – Spring 2023
Publication by JESociety Press – Fall 2023